We are always interested in hearing from well trained and motivated individuals who have a passion for caring for children and young people in residential care.
We are looking for a highly-motivated person who has excellent management skills and is passionate about delivery of the highest quality of care to Looked After Children and young people.
This is a new position and we are looking for someone that has the following strengths: Leader, confident, assured, competent, fair, trustworthy, considered, enthusiastic, clear, patient and passionate about top quality child care.
Core purpose of the role:
The role is one of influence, monitoring, consistency of care and developing of the care service overall. Reporting to and supporting the Chief Executive role. Some of the tasks and responsibilities are shared with the External Manager and Chief Executive.
- Along with the External Manager and Chief Executive input and lead in the co-ordination and implementation of a Strategic Development Plan.
- Ensure that high standards of childcare are maintained
- Monitoring the experiences of children
- Review incidents, monitor the use of NAPPI
- Ensure that practice complies with all legislation, regulations and national and local guidance.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities, properly supported and have clear professional development plans. Through attendance at team meetings, inspection of files and paperwork.
- Ensure the homes and physical environment is in a good state of repair and ensure any problems are dealt with swiftly.
- Identifying the need for any necessary changes.
- Reporting on progress to the managing authority or agency.
- Ensure the work of Cairn Mhor is informed by the views of children and young people.
- Promote the objectives, purpose and values of Cairn Mhor.
- Undertake Supervision of Team Managers
Ensure care standards, as set out in “Core Standards for children and young people in Residential Care” SCSWIS, are maintained to a high standard and working withinthe SSSC Codes of Practice for Social Services Workers and Employers.
Social Work qualification essential with an additional management qualification as laid down by SSSC.
5 years management experience within a residential childcare setting – preferred.
Full driving licence essential.
Salary; To be agreed
Closing date is Friday 22nd September 2017
Salary appropriate for qualification and experience
We have an opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our Administration Team within our Head Office in Glenrothes as soon as possible. Hours will be 37 hours per week.
Key skills will include:-
Sage One experience desirable
Book Keeping Essential
Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Excel
HNC level in Accounting or other relevant qualification.
You should be familiar with Microsoft Office, have good interpersonal skills and be able to work in a very confidential manner. You must be able to work autonomously, prioritising your workload, be part of a small team and be able to work flexibly.
Normal hours for these duties are:-
9.00 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Friday
Do you think you have what we are looking for? If so we would like to hear from you. Please submit your C.V. with a covering letter to Mairi Moggach at the address below.
This post is subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th September 2017
Cairn Mhor is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Informal discussions are welcomed.
Cairn Mhor Childcare Partnership
8 Pentland House
Phone: 01592 631031 Website: www.cairnmhor.org.uk