It is important to us in Cairn Mhor that we are working in partnership with Local Authorities but also all other 3rd parties who are involved and touch the lives of the children and young people in our care. We find that the best care results from all parties who are involved with the children/young people all speak openly with each other and ensure that everyone is kept up to date with what is happening in their lives. We enjoy working with you and other professionals to come up with the best solutions and outcomes for the children/young people.
Here are some examples of what you can expect from us if you refer a child/young person to our care:
- Very clear honest and prompt response to any request for a referral.
- Planned and organised settling in of the child/young person including some pre-planned visits leading to some over night stays. Bedroom decorated to their choice.
- Review by Child Development Consultant, Optician review, Dentist and Doctor registration and after around 6 weeks a referral to the Play Therapist if this is deemed appropriate.
- 2 Key workers per child/young person who, alongside management, will be responsible for implementing the child’s plan and overall care.
- Daily reflective accounts for the first 6/8 weeks of settling in with an Assessment plan at the expiry of that period.
- Weekly reports thereafter on the activities and a view on how the child/young person has fared through the week.
- Monthly Report with details following GIRFEC and SHANNARI indicators and commentary on how the child/young person is against those indicators.
- Direct contact/access to Management, house and key workers.
- Proactive suggestions as to how we can support the child/young person to be all they can be.